National Passport Information Center
Tyrone Township is a Passport Acceptance Facility. Applications are taken by appointment. Applicants are not required to be a resident of Tyrone Township; anyone is welcome!
• Appointments are required; Monday-Thursday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm.
• Please call 810-629-8631 to schedule an appointment.
• Photos taken on-site for $10.
• Routine service to receive passports (as of March 29, 2023) is taking 10-13 weeks, expedited service 7-9 weeks not including mailing time. For the most up-to-date time frame, please visit the U.S. Dept. of State’s website.
• For complete information and forms, please visit U.S. Dept. of State’s website.
• The fee chart is posted here.
• If you have applied for your passport and want a status check, please call the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 or online here. You’ll also have the option on the website to register your email address to receive the status update via email.
• Application Form DS-11.
• Birth Certificate with raised seal
• Drivers License
• Photo (2″ x 2″, white background)
• Check or Money Order (per application) to U.S. Dept. of State (credit cards are NOT accepted)
$130 Adult book $30 Adult card
$100 Minor book $15 Minor card
$60 Expedite Fee (to receive passport within 3-5 weeks)
• Check, Cash, or Credit Card* to Tyrone Tyrone
$35 Processing Fee
$10 Photo (if applicable)
*Credit card payments are subject to $2 minimum charge.
• Application Form DS-82
• Passport Book or Card
• Photo (2″ x 2″ white background)
• Check or Money Order to U.S. Dept. of State:
• Cash, Check or Credit Card to Tyrone Township (if services are used)
$7.60 Priority Mail Postage
* Applicants wishing to renew their passports do not need to appear at an acceptance facility; applications for renewals may be mailed by the applicant. However, for those who aren’t comfortable, we will help! For the cost of priority mail ($7.60), we will assemble and mail the application.
Minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by ALL legal parents and require the ID of all parents. OR if one parent cannot be present, a Statement of Consent (DS-3053) can be submitted in place. The DS-3053 must be notarized and accompanied with a copy of the parent’s driver license (front and back).
Minors age 16 and 17 must be accompanied by one parent and require the ID of one parent.
Minors that have had a passport before must still apply as a new applicant (Form DS-11). The expired passport may be used as proof of citizenship, but a copy of the birth certificate is still required to show parental custody.
The U.S. Department of State recommends your passport have 6 months of validity when traveling international. However, countries have different requirements. Check the requirements of the country you are traveling to here.
If you need a passport faster than routine service, and you qualify, you may be able to make an appointment at the Detroit Passport Agency. Please visit the website here for information.
Applicants who have applied with routine processing and later realize they need their passport sooner can upgrade to expedited service by calling the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778.
Enhanced Drivers Licenses are obtained from the Secretary of State.