Tyrone Township has three certified Notaries on staff and offers this service at no cost. We do not perform electronic or remote notarizations. Appointments are not necessary and walk-ins are welcomed Monday through Thursday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Please understand that:
- Notaries do not certify or notarize that a record is an original or a true copy.
- A Notary is not liable for the truth, form or contents of a record they notarize.
- Signers must provide a valid driver license, passport, or other pictured state/federal issued identification.
- Signers must not be made to sign under duress.
- Signers must sign in the presence of the Notary.
- It is illegal for Notaries to give legal advice or to explain legal documents. It is the responsibility of the signer to understand the documents they are signing.
- A Notary may refuse to perform a notarial act in certain situations.