Title: Planning and Zoning Administration Assistant
Department: Planning and Zoning Department
Additional Job Details: Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Full Time/Temporary
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour depending on experience
The Planning and Zoning Administration Assistant provides administrative support to the Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals. Reports to the Township Supervisor and may receive assignments, projects, and direction from the Township Clerk and the Planning and Zoning Administrator. May also act as a liaison between the Planning Commission/Zoning Board of Appeals and the outside Consultant/Planner. Assists residents and customers in obtaining Township services and resolving questions.
- Prepare meeting packets for Planning Commission (PC) and Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) meetings
- Prepare minutes from recorded PC and ZBA meetings
- Review complaint forms for ordinance violations
- Performs site visits to determine ordinance violations
- Takes photos and documents ordinance violations
- Prepares and sends violation enforcement letters
- Maintains files and reviews violation correction process
- Reviews applications and issues Land Use permits and waivers
- Conducts field inspections for Land Use permits, where required
- Maintains records of Certificates of Occupancy from Livingston County Building Department
- Reviews applications and issues Land Use permits and waivers as directed
- Provides support and back-up for the Planning and Zoning Administrator in their absence
- Provides support to other Township Departments and other duties and special projects as assigned
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Experience with a PC and office equipment (Copier, printer, scanner, and video recording equipment)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) required. Familiarity BS&A software preferred.
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience required.
- Willing to enroll in classes designed to complete a certification in Planning.
- Sitting 70% of the workday
- Ability to assist walk-in customers at the counter.
- Ability to manage work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to lift 15 pounds.
- Valid driver license
- No confined space requirements
How to Apply
If you are interested in submitting an application, please apply by completing this application and email it to Clerk Marcie Husted at firstname.lastname@example.org before October 15, 2021 at 5:00 pm.
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact Tyrone Township between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST M-Th at 810-629-8631.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tyrone Township is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
Please note that Tyrone Township will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application.